niedziela, 27 października 2013

Are you afraid of taking pictures on the street? You might try this...

Photographs © Oliver Duong
5 Painless Steps for Getting Rid of the Fear of Street Photography Once and for All
by Oliver Duong

“Look at me,” he said. Complying, I turned in the man’s direction. “Look me in the eyes!”… I tried to raise my eyes and look into his, but I couldn’t. Actually, I couldn’t look anyone in the eyes at that point, it felt weird and uncomfortable. That man… was my own older brother.
That’s how shy I was and how much I feared people … I couldn’t even look at my own brother in the eyes! But nowadays, I am a changed man, a documentary-street photographer that is not afraid to approach people and photograph them. 

If you’re like I was, here are a few steps I suggest you take to get into street photography without fear. If someone who used to be afraid of looking his own brother in the eye can do it, so can you — plus, these tips are both effective and painless.

more

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz