wtorek, 22 października 2013

Cause I Believe In Fairies

Geric Cruz (Philippines) – Contemporary Photographer – www.gericcruzphoto.weebly.com

“I wanted to learn that you could go back to that time of innocence and purity even now that I’ve been equipped with experience.” Geric Cruz

Geric Cruz, in one of your most recent projects called “Second Star To The Right” you are dealing with childhood memories and fantasy worlds that lose their magic when you get older. Why did you decide to take on this subject?
It was actually for my residency in Zambales. I started shooting the two boys as a part of a bigger project until I realized I wanted to focus on their relationship. Their youth and love for each other – and the complications of growing up – brought me back to my own childhood with my brother. I wanted to learn that you could go back to that time of innocence and purity even now that I’ve been equipped with experience. It’s like watching a scene in a movie and whenever you’re with them you never really know how one will react to the changes about to happen. You see them learn it on their own; the process of grief, time and maturity.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz